Saturday, April 4, 2009

Another week flies by!

Wow, can you believe another week has gone by?!! I had to take my computer in to the shop because it kept freezing up (maybe it is tired of winter?) and after 2 days, they said: "There's nothing wrong with it." Hmmm. Seems to happen to everyone right? You make an appointment for your dog because it's been hacking all week and when you get it in to the vet; he acts just fine! Oh, well. At least it seems okay now.

Just a quick run-down of the last week: Chris took the girls to Jackson Hole with his parents to the snowmobile hill-climbs, they all seemed to have a blast!
I had to work :( but at least it was steady busy all day.



Since I didn't get to go to the hill-climbs, I did manage to watch a good movie with Cheryl and family.... Twilight! I can't say I was super impressed the first time I saw it, but it definitely has grown on me. The books were a bit drawn out so I figured they would have to seriously compress the story to fit in 2 hours, but they did a good job of it. I do really love vampire movies, Interview with the Vampire being one of my all-time favorites.

Going along with the movie theme, we also watched Fast and Furious this weekend. It was our date night, and we doubled with Cheryl and Jason. I thought it was better than the reviews, but you probably have to like cars to get the whole experience. But I would think anyone can appreciate Vin just standing there being cool and muscled. It was cheesy, but so are all his movies ;)

Kaylee and Taylor start their spring break this weekend. 10 days off school! How would it be? I don't recall getting more than 2 days off for anything other than Christmas all through school, including college. Not fair. They are SOOOO excited. Too bad it is still so cold.

Kaylee had her first soccer practice this week, it has been so wet that they had initially cancelled practices and games, but her coach set them up in the church gym to do a little practice inside. She had a ton of fun, but apparently we need to go over the rules a little more with her; she is all over the place. I wish I had a picture, she is so cute in her uniform! Taylor's coach is going to wait out the weather, hopefully they have a practice before the first game!

And because I am not busy enough, I also attended a gardening class taught by none other than Mark Anderson. He was great! I really learned (or remembered? since I took horticulture in school) quite a bit about gardening, fertilizing and soils. Wow! So much to think about, yet very exciting. I hope to get out and start on my flowerbeds this next week if it will stop raining and snowing for a day.... Is that wishful thinking or what?

Sorry for the super long post, that's what happens when the computer is gone. Maybe I will have to get a backup or fix that dinosaur cluttering up my desk!

Enjoy conference weekend, may the Lord be with you!

1 comment:

  1. There is a picture of Kaylee in the slideshow where she looks just like chris! that's the first time i've seen that much of a resemblence!

    i'm glad you liked twilight more the second time. it makes me happy and giddy and gooey and drooley all at the same time :)

    the ONLY reason i would see fast and furious is to watch vin stand there all muscle-y and hot. i can definitely appreciate some vin!

    ReplyDelete