Monday, July 27, 2009

Lava Hot Springs!



I am so grateful to have such good friends! We took a little vacation up to Lava Hot Springs this weekend with our awesome neighbors, the Rindlisbachers and the Chambers, as well as Chris' brother, Brent's family. For all you who wimped out.... we missed you!

I really had a good weekend playing at the pools, sliding down the slides, and floating down the river. We stayed at Grandpa's campground where the air was clean and clear (except for the range cows) and the nights quiet away from all the noise and rush in the world.

Chris and the girls went down the river first, Kaylee was a bit terrified, but eventually got in the tube, however, she was dumped out a little ways later and I don't think she will be going down the river again for a long while. Taylor also got dumped out with Cheryl (who got a bit bruised and scraped). Taylor did decide to go down the slower part of the river with me later that day.

The rest of the kids had a blast going down the river! Most of the adults came back with only minor injuries (although my butt is still a bit tender from the one big rock!)

2 comments:

  1. I want to see pictures! I've never been to a hot springs before, so I'm curious what it's like. Sounds like you're having a great summer! I miss you. We need to hang out, I'm craving some 'Suzie Time'! Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. so fun! i don't think i've ever been there in the 27 years of living in this valley. what a shame!

    ReplyDelete